It’s another day, and time for the spring football podcast series to roll on. After discussing the Texas Longhorns with Orangebloods.com’s Taylor Gaspar on Tuesday, on Wednesday we were lucky enough to be joined by ESPNLA’s Pedro Moura to chat on the preseason No. 1 team in the country, the USC Trojans.
Pedro has been covering USC for years, and on Tuesday we discussed all things Trojans from Matt Barkley’s struggles, the evolving defense, home exercise programs and more, beginning with…
To listen to the podcast on this website, click the green box below
To download the podcast straight from iTunes, please click here
To subscribe to the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast, please click here
To listen to the podcast on your iPhone or Android please click here
- The untimely passing of USC legend Junior Seau. Many current players knew him, and many paid tribute in their own unique ways. How is the ‘SC community reacting as a whole?
- On the field, what’s the attitude surrounding USC’s football program right now? The postseason ban has been lifted, but the expectations have risen. Is this group ready to handle the challenge?
- Year three of Monte Kiffin’s reign as defensive coordinator. The defense isn’t big, but it is athletic, and the question now becomes whether or not there is enough depth to hold up over a full season. Pedro believes so.
- What should we make of Matt Barkley’s “struggles” this spring, and why many of them may have been due to sheer boredom. Pedro also raises the question as to whether or not Barkley can actually improve on his incredible 2011 stats, and if not, how everyone will react. Speaking of which…
- How will the running game impact Barkley’s performance? We know Curtis McNeal will be great, but without Marc Tyler backing him, will he himself be able to hold up over a full season as well? How will Tre Maddon’s injury damper things?
- With scholarship reductions kicking in, who are the true freshmen who could impact immediately? Pedro thinks defensive tackle Leonard Williams could be the guy, but isn’t sold on five-star wide receiver/running back Nelson Agohlor. Pedro explains why.
- And finally, is it possible that expectations are too high at USC. Pedro and I discuss why that may be, and whether too many people are quick to overlook holes on this team.
Simply put, there isn’t a more interesting program entering the 2012 off-season, and there isn’t a better place to get your information on them, then right here on the Aaron Torres Sports podcast. Nobody knows this program inside and out like Pedro does, and nobody shares knowledge like he does either. For ‘SC or college football fans this is a must-listen.
And speaking of must-listen, you can access the show in any number of ways. You can listen here by clicking the green box above, or just go straight to iTunes to download the show for later listening. You can also subscribe to the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast, for updates every time a new episode goes up.
Also remember that Exclusiv Vodka is now an official sponsor of the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast. And as a thank you for listening, they want to give you a free bottle of their product.
To be entered all you’ve got to do is go to Exclusiv’s Facebook page at Facebook.com/ExclusivVodka. From there, be sure to “Like” their product, and then tag yourself with Exclusiv and the phrase “Aaron Torres Sports Podcast.” Do that, and you’ll be automatically entered to win a free bottle.
And finally, for late-breaking news on USC all off-season long, be sure to follow Pedro on Twitter @PedroMoura. And while you’re there, why not give me a follow too @Aaron_Torres? Also don’t forget that if your thirst for college football news never ends, then be sure to check out previous podcasts, including Tuesday’s, on Texas football with Taylor Gaspar of Orangebloods.com.
Thanks again to Pedro for coming on, and thank you to everyone for taking the time to listen.
Until next time…