After a one-week “vacation hiatus” the Aaron Torres Sports college football podcast series is back, as we welcome Taylor Gaspar from the esteemed University of Texas media outlet Orangebloods.com to the show on Monday.
Orangebloods.com is the industry leader for all things Texas football, and on Monday, we discussed several pressing topics on the show, including the following:
To listen to the podcast on this website, click the green box below
To download the podcast straight from iTunes, please click here
To subscribe to the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast, please click here
To listen to the podcast on your iPhone or Android please click here
- The role Orangebloods.com played in the realignment news of 2010 and 2011. What was it like to be in the eye of it all? What did Taylor learn as a young journalist, but also as a college football fan too? And most importantly, does the Big XII finally have some stable footing?
- What to make of Mack Brown’s refusal to name a starting quarterback coming out of the spring game? Does it mean anything, and is there any reason to believe that David Ash won’t be under center in Week 1?
- How, for the first time maybe ever, the Longhorns have real depth at running back. At the same time, why Mack Brown wants to see everyone stay healthy before he heaps too much praise on them.
- How Manny Diaz went from “little known defensive coordinator” to “rock star” over the course of last season, and why Taylor believes it’s only a matter of time before he ends up as a head coach at a major Division I program.
- What will Diaz’s second Texas defense look like, and why there’s enough talent for them to be just as good statistically as they were in 2011.
- And finally, why Taylor thinks if everything breaks right Texas can go back to looking like “Texas” again. Why I think the Longhorns will be a terrifying team to play in November and December.
Folks, if you’re looking for your college football fix you’ve come to the right place, and if you’re looking for knowledge on the Texas Longhorns football program specifically, well, there’s no better source than Taylor Gaspar of Orangebloods.com. As mentioned Orangebloods is the premiere outlet for all things Texas football on the web, and we were lucky to get Taylor to share insight that simply can’t be found anywhere else.
Remember, you can access this podcast a number of ways.
Obviously you can listen here by clicking the green box above, or just go straight to iTunes to download the show for later listening. You can also subscribe to the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast, for updates every time a new episode goes up.
And finally, remember that Exclusiv Vodka is now an official sponsor of the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast. And as a thank you for listening, they want to give you a free bottle of their product.
To be entered all you’ve got to do is go to Exclusiv’s Facebook page at Facebook.com/ExclusivVodka. From there, be sure to “Like” their product, and then tag yourself with Exclusiv and the phrase “Aaron Torres Sports Podcast.” Do that, and you’ll be automatically entered to win a free bottle.
Thanks again to Taylor, and thank you all for listening. The Aaron Torres Sports Podcast will be back Wednesday, as we look at the presumed BCS National Championship favorites, the USC Trojans!
Until next time!