I’ll be the first to admit that when it comes to NASCAR, I don’t know a whole heck of a lot. But when the opportunity came up to interview one of the sport’s up-and-coming stars, there was no way I was going to pass it by.
To listen to the podcast on this website, click the green box below
To download the podcast straight from iTunes, please click here
To listen to the podcast on your iPhone or Android please click here
To subscribe to the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast, please click here
That’s why on this edition of the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast, I’m glad to welcome Joey Logano to the show! Joey is a Connecticut native, one of racing’s rising stars and is looking for his second career win on Sunday, and first at Daytona. He discussed all that, plus a really cool giveaway (read below) and more on the show. Amongst the topics we discussed included:
- How Joey got into racing growing up in Connecticut, and why even when he had success as a youngster, few locally knew of his exploits.
- His early years at NASCAR’s highest levels. What he’s learned from his first few years, and what he will take with him going forward.
- A discussion on his new crew chief Jason Ratcliffe. Why Joey feels comfortable with Jason, and what he expects as they get set for their first race together.
- The significance of Daytona, and what the biggest challenges of the track are.
- And finally, what to expect from Joey this weekend at Daytona. More importantly, he discusses a giveaway that he is doing with Aaron Torres Sports. Which brings me to…
That’s right, Joey has been nice enough to partner with Aaron Torres Sports in a program called the NASCAR blogger program. It’s a cool initiative that could net you some free gear autographed by Joey, and possibly even a trip to Charlotte to see Joey race in the NASCAR All-Stars series later this spring. Yes, I’m being serious.
Then, what I’ll need you to do is watch the race on Sunday and root for Joey.
That’s because if Joey is the highest finisher amongst the drivers entered in the NASCAR blogger program, then I will pick one lucky winner to go down to the NASCAR All-Star series in Charlotte later this year. This prize is of course entirely dependent on Joey, and where he finishes in the race Sunday. Still, it’s all the more reason to root for him. Remember, the race is at 1:00 p.m. Sunday (February 26) on FOX, and you can use the hashtag #Daytona500 on Twitter to follow the event.
Good luck, and remember to root for Joey Sunday afternoon, because it could win you a free trip to Charlotte! Also, don’t forget that Aaron Torres Sports is working on another cool giveaway as well that could also net you a FREE trip overseas. Click here for more details!
Until next time…