It’s been 10 days since Kentucky was crowned the 2012 college basketball National Champions, and it’s time to put a bow on the season. And on Thursday, Rob Dauster of CollegeBasketballTalk.com joined me, to do just that.
To listen to the podcast on this website, click the green box below
To download the podcast straight from iTunes, please click here
To subscribe to the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast, please click here
To listen to the podcast on your iPhone or Android please click here
Amongst the many topics Rob and I discussed included:
- Rob’s time in New Orleans for the Final Four. How was it? How did it rank compared to other Final Four’s, and most importantly, how is his body now holding up?
- The greatness of the 2012 Kentucky Wildcats, and how the image of the program and John Calipari changed with the title win. More importantly, if you’re a high school recruit, is there any good reason NOT to consider Kentucky at this point?
- The downfall of the 2012 UConn Huskies. Is this the end of an era for a proud basketball program? Can they continue to win when Jim Calhoun is gone?
- Looking at some of the players who’ve decided to go pro, who made the right decisions and who didn’t? Why draft position is more important than a player’s actual “readiness.”
- We say goodbye to some of our favorite players, including Kansas’ Thomas Robinson. Rob gives some insight into what makes him such a truly special player.
- And finally we conclude by discussing the two big-name high school players who made their college choices on Wednesday night. How good are Shabazz Muhammad and Nerlens Noel? And how will they impact the 2013 college basketball season.
Folks, the 2012 college basketball season might be over, but there is still plenty to look back and reflect on as we head into the off-season. And no one knows the sport as well as Rob Dauster does, as he breaks down all that was, and all that will be going forward.
Remember, you can access this podcast a number of ways. Obviously you can listen here by clicking the green box above, or just go straight to iTunes to download the show for later listening. You can also subscribe to the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast, for updates every time a new episode goes up.
And finally, as was mentioned at the beginning of the show, Exclusiv Vodka is now an official sponsor of the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast. And as a thank you for listening, they want to give you a free bottle of their product.
To be entered all you’ve got to do is go to Exclusiv’s Facebook page at Facebook.com/ExclusivVodka. From there, be sure to “Like” their product, and then tag yourself with Exclusiv and the phrase “Aaron Torres Sports Podcast.” Do that, and you’ll be automatically entered to win a free bottle.
Thanks again to Rob, and thank you all for listening.
Until next time…