After visiting with the Bleacher Report’s Barrett Sallee last week to cover all things spring football in the West, Barrett was nice enough to join me again on Wednesday to discuss the East.
To listen to the podcast on this website, click the green box below
To download the podcast straight from iTunes, please click here
To subscribe to the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast, please click here
To listen to the podcast on your iPhone or Android please click here
The East has plenty of storylines in its own right, and Barrett and I discussed them all. We started with John L. Smith’s hiring at Arkansas, before moving permanently to the East and chatting on:
- Georgia: What is going on in Athens? Why is everyone getting in trouble, and is it a sign of a “big picture” problem? More importantly, how has the depth been effected by all the suspensions?
- Moving to Florida, what should we make of the quarterback derby? Also, what do we need to know about Brent Pease’s new offense? Maybe most importantly, how will the defense hold up without Ronald Powell, who was lost to injury?
- At South Carolina, do enough people realize just how good Connor Shaw was last year? Will this defense be impacted by the departures of Melvin Ingram and Stephon Gilmore to the NFL?
- On Rocky Top Tennessee, is Tennessee mentally tough enough to hold strong? More importantly, would Derek Dooley even be on the hot-seat if the Vols hadn’t lost to Kentucky to close out last season?
- With Missouri moving to the SEC, are they ready for what’s ahead in the conference? And why Barrett thinks one early season game could make or break their season.
- Finally, we wrap up discussing Vanderbilt and Kentucky. Both are in tough spots, but who is best built to win in 2012?
Folks, spring is in the air, so what better what to turn your attention to college football, then a 50-minute, no-holds barred discussion of the SEC East? Remember too that if you missed last week’s discussion on the SEC West, you’re more than welcome to download that one too.
Remember, you can access this podcast a number of ways. Obviously you can listen here by clicking the green box above, or just go straight to iTunes to download the show for later listening. You can also subscribe to the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast, for updates every time a new episode goes up.
And finally, remember that Exclusiv Vodka is now an official sponsor of the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast. And as a thank you for listening, they want to give you a free bottle of their product.
To be entered all you’ve got to do is go to Exclusiv’s Facebook page at Facebook.com/ExclusivVodka. From there, be sure to “Like” their product, and then tag yourself with Exclusiv and the phrase “Aaron Torres Sports Podcast.” Do that, and you’ll be automatically entered to win a free bottle.
Thanks again to Barrett, and thank you all for listening.
Until next time!