It’s not often you get me off my couch on a Sunday to tape a podcast, but when it comes to the NFL Draft, even I had to make an exception.
(To listen to the podcast, click the green box above, or to download for FREE from iTunes for later listening, please click here)
Early Sunday evening I was joined by NFL Draft expert Matt Elder, who was on the podcast two weeks ago to preview the draft, and was nice enough to join me to recap everything that happened over the last three days.
Amongst the topics that Matt and I discussed, included:
- Why more people aren’t making a bigger deal out of Atlanta’s trade for Julio Jones, and more importantly, if he can possibly live up to the impossible expectation placed upon him.
- Speaking of expectation, why Matt believes the Jack Locker pick was “befuddling,” and the Christian Ponder pick wasn’t much better. Staying on the quarterback trend we talk about why Andy Dalton could be the next Billy Volek, as in, a guy who is never a Pro Bowler, but who could have a 15-year professional career.
- A discussion on players who went on the second day because of a number of issues, including Da’Quan Bowers (injury), Marvin Austin (suspension) and Ryan Mallett (character…or lack thereof)
- Why I think that Detroit had the best one pick in this draft, and why Matt seconds that thought.
- If St. Louis had the best draft overall, and the logic behind drafting two similar receivers (Austin Pettis and Greg Salas) with back-to-back picks. Also, are the Rams stealing the Colts blue-print on how to build a playoff team?
- Why I think the Browns had a bad draft, and why Matt disagrees.
- If Matt is “Pulling a Cam Newton,” and taking a vacation now that the NFL Draft is over.
And much more.
As always, I appreciate you taking the time to check out the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast, and remember, as always, if you can’t listen here, it is available to download in iTunes for later listening.
Thanks again, and the podcast will be back later this week, when we continue our college football spring tour talking with a look at the Florida Gators on Tuesday. And on Thursday, I’ll have a very special guest on…who, well, I can’t tell you any more about now. But I promise will be worth the surprise.
Also for his continued take on all things sports, and updates on his articles, podcasts and giveaways, be sure to follow Aaron on Twitter @ Aaron_Torres, Facebook.com/AaronTorresSports or by downloading the Aaron Torres Sports App for FREE for your iPhone or Android Phones)