(Follow Aaron on Twitter @Aaron_Torres)
With Week 3 of the college football season fast approaching, it’s time for the latest edition of the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast. And as we’ve done the last two weeks, we had two special guests, to talk about the biggest games of the weekend.
To listen to the podcast on this website, click the green box below
To download the podcast straight from iTunes, please click here
To subscribe to the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast, please click here
To listen to the podcast on your iPhone or Android please click here
In Part I, old friend Michael Felder of Bleacher Report pops in to chat all the major national games on the schedule, including two mega-SEC showdowns. Then in Part II, Pedro Moura from ESPNLA.com shares his insight on the No. 2 team in the country, the USC Trojans as they get set to battle Stanford this weekend.
Starting with Michael, he shared his insights on a number of things, including:
- His take on the new, but certainly not improved Arkansas Razorbacks. How much of Saturday’s loss to Louisiana-Monroe can be blamed on John L. Smith, and is there anything this club can do to hang tight with Alabama this weekend?
- Speaking of the Crimson Tide, Mike shares his take on why it’s laughable that Alabama will have any type of letdown this season. He also scoffs at the notion that letdowns were what caused Alabama’s struggles in 2010.
- Staying in the SEC, what’s Michael’s take on Tennessee-Florida? It seems like it’ll be a battle of the “weaker” units, Florida’s offense against Tennessee’s defense, and frankly Michael likes the latter in this matchup.
- Michael shares some quick thoughts on Michigan State-Notre Dame, and why the Irish could be in big trouble. Also, why he expects Andrew Maxwell to be better this week than he was against Boise in Michigan State’s opener.
Moving over to the second part of the podcast, ESPNLA’s Pedro Moura shares his thoughts on the USC Trojans, now two games into their season. Included in our discussion:
- Why strange circumstances led to USC’s struggles against Syracuse last week, and why even Lane Kiffin wasn’t even upset with his team coming out flat last week.
- Why it really will be a “pick your poison” situation this season for opposing defenses, in regards to wide receivers Robert Woods and Marquise Lee.
- Is there any type of running back “controversy” with Silas Redd stepping in and taking carries away from Curtis McNeal? In addition, is it surprising to Pedro how quickly Redd came in and picked up the offense?
- And finally, why Pedro expects USC to win big Saturday evening in Palo Alto.
Remember, you can access the podcast in any number of ways. If you can’t listen to the show live here, you can always download it straight from iTunes, just by searching for the “Aaron Torres Sports Podcast.” You can also subscribe to the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast by clicking here.
And finally (and maybe most importantly to some of you!), please remember that Exclusiv Vodka is now an official sponsor of the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast. And as a thank you for listening, they want to give you a free bottle of their product.
To be entered all you’ve got to do is go to Exclusiv’s Facebook page at Facebook.com/ExclusivVodka. From there, be sure to “Like” their product, and then tag yourself with Exclusiv and the phrase “Aaron Torres Sports Podcast.” Do that, and you’ll be automatically entered to win a free bottle.
Regardless, I want to quickly thank the guys for joining the show, and thank you for taking the time to listen.
Until next time…