As we get closer to college football season, it’s no secret that the coverage and discussion will only ramp up here at Aaron Torres Sports and on the podcast. However, with all the discussion about the SEC, Pac-12, Longhorn Network and beyond, it’s easy to forget about some little old independent named Notre Dame.
After some clamoring from Irish nation for more coverage of the school, I obliged, by having on one of the most well-known Notre Dame fans out on the internet, when I welcomed Ty Hildenbrant, co-host of the very popular “Solid Verbal,” podcast onto the show.
To listen to the podcast on the website, click the green box below.
To download the podcast on your iPhone/Android, click here
Ty has been hosting the show with friend Dan Rubenstein for close to four years now, and covers the sport as well as anyone, mixing in interviews with coaches, writers and broadcasters, as well as e-mails and voicemails from fans. It really is a must-listen for anyone who loves college football.
But on Tuesday, Ty was the podcast guest, as he and I broke down all things past and present with Notre Dame.
Amongst the topics we discussed, including the following:
- How Ty and Dan became involved, and ultimately started the Solid Verbal podcast.
- How the show has grown over the years to the point now, where they are continually bringing on high-quality guests.
- Moving over to the football side of things, how Brian Kelly is different from Charlie Weis, including both on and off the field, as well as recruiting and as a “public figure.”
- What Weis did wrong at Notre Dame, and why his own arrogance did him.
- Was it actually a good thing for Brian Kelly to start out last year 4-5?
- Come this fall, who will be starting at quarterback for Notre Dame. Do we even know?
- Who will help Michael Floyd on offense? Is Theo Riddick the guy?
- How much fun it is to watch Manti Te’o on a weekly basis?
- Given a relatively tame schedule, what are realistic expectations for Notre Dame?
And much, much more…
As most already know, no matter what happens in the college football world, Notre Dame is never far from anyone’s mind. And it only seemed appropriate to have Ty on, to break down all aspects of the program.
As always, you can listen to this podcast by clicking the green box above, can listen on your iPhone or Android and of course download in iTunes for FREE for later listening. And remember also that you can help support the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast any time you use Amazon.com. Click here for details.
Thank you again to Ty for his time, and be sure to check out Ty out on Twitter, as well as the Solid Verbal if you’re not listening.
The Aaron Torres Sports Podcast will be back with two great guests next week, as we continue to cover media days, the preseason polls and beyond. There will also be an announcement here about another college football related project I’m going to be involved with very soon.
Until next time…
(Love the podcast? Hate it? Disagree with something that was said? Let Aaron know by e-mailing in at
or hit him up on his new Google + account.
Also for his continued take on all things sports, including updates on his articles, podcasts and giveaways, follow Aaron on Twitter @Aaron_Torres or by downloading the Aaron Torres Sports App for FREE for your iPhone or Android phones)