It’s another Tuesday, and time for another College Football Podcast! After discussing schools such as USC, Florida, Florida State and Auburn earlier in the summer, it’s now time to take a look at the most polarizing non-AQ school in college football, the Boise State Broncos.
To listen to the podcast on the website, click the green box below.
To download the podcast on your iPhone/Android, click here
To download the podcast straight from iTunes, click here
On Monday I was lucky enough to be by Brian Murphy, a columnist and reporter for the Idaho Statesman, the biggest newspaper in Idaho. Brian has covered the Broncos for a number of years now, and brought his vast knowledge of the program and the team to the podcast, sharing the following information:
- Why many believe that the sentiment of Boise as a “feel good story” changed nationally last year, as Boise came closer than ever to playing for a National Championship.
- How an official move to the Mountain West has both its benefits and drawbacks. Yes the competition is better, but what about the conference’s TV deal?
- How Boise’s offense will look different this year without Titus Young and Austin Pettis. Could the Broncos go back their style of play from 5-6 years ago?
- What kind of leader and person is Kellen Moore? And despite Moore’s accolades, could Doug Martin end up being the star of the show this year?
- Why the Georgia opener looms large, and how if Boise can get through, another undefeated season is feasible.And much, much more.
Whether you love or hate the Boise State Broncos, there is no doubt that they’ve forced their way into the discussion as one of America’s elite programs. This is no longer just a small school program trying to compete with the big boys, but a team which will enter the year ranked somewhere in the Top 15 for the third season in a row.
As always, you can listen to the podcast by clicking the green box above, or by downloading straight from iTunes for later listening. Also, if you have any questions, concerns or disagreements, you’re welcome to comment below or e-mail in. And remember, if you’re shopping on Amazon.com any time soon, you can help me and this site out with one simple click.
Thank you again to Brian, and be sure to check back in later this week, when the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast will welcome a writer who covers the Georgia Bulldogs, to give the opposite perspective on their season opener with Boise.
Also for his continued take on all things sports, including updates on his articles, podcasts and giveaways, follow Aaron on Twitter @Aaron_Torres, Facebook.com/AaronTorresSports, and by downloading the Aaron Torres Sports App for FREE for your iPhone or Android phones)