It’s hard to argue that USC’s win over Notre Dame last Saturday was not only the best win of Lane Kiffin’s career in Los Angeles, but also that of Matt Barkley as well. But with Andrew Luck and Stanford coming into town this weekend, can the Trojans keep it up?
I asked that, and many more questions to ESPN Los Angeles USC writer Pedro Moura, who joined the podcast on late Monday. Pedro has covered the Trojans for four years, and had a press box seat for USC’s win in South Bend Saturday. Nobody knows this team better, and Pedro dropped knowledge you can’t find anywhere else.
To listen to the podcast on this website, click the green box below
To listen to the podcast on your iPhone or Android please click here
To download the podcast straight from iTunes, please click here
To subscribe to the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast, please click here
Amongst the topics he and I discussed on the podcast included:
- How the night atmosphere at Notre Dame Stadium impacted the crowd noise, and why it may have been to USC’s advantage more so than their detriment;
- How Dayne Crist’s fumble on the goal line completely swung the game for the Trojans, and may have re-invented their season;
- Why the win at Notre Dame was not only the best of Lane Kiffin’s time in Troy, but also the most mistake free performance that Matt Barkley has had as well;
- What- if anything- the Trojans did differently on Saturday against the Irish that they haven’t done in past games;
- Moving onto Saturday’s game against Stanford, why the Trojans need to actually focus on stopping the running game first, before they try and slow down Andrew Luck;
- Why USC’s best defense may actually be a good offense against Stanford;
(** Note, this podcast was recorded before word leaked that Dillon Baxter was no longer with the USC football team)
Plus much, much, more…
Folks, there isn’t a bigger game on this weekend’s slate than Stanford-USC, so why not get yourself some inside information from a guy who knows this team and program as well as Pedro does?
Remember, if you can’t listen to the podcast here on the website, it is always available in the iTunes store by clicking here or searching 'Aaron Torres Sports Podcast.' You can also subscribe to the podcast by clicking here or doing it on iTunes.
Also, be sure to follow Aaron on Twitter, Facebook or by downloading the Aaron Torres Sports App for FREE your iPhones or Androids for updates on his podcasts, articles as well as site giveaways.
And finally, remember that Amazon.com is an official sponsor of the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast, so if you’re planning on making any purchases through their site, go ahead and click on the link to the right-hand side. A small percentage of your purchase goes to helping us out here.
Thanks for checking out the podcast, and thank you to Pedro for joining the show (be sure to follow him on Twitter @PedroMoura). Also, please come back tomorrow, when we’ll resume the college football talk, and preview this weekend’s big SEC showdown when Georgia and Florida square of, potentially for an inside shot at the SEC Championship.