With college football season set to kick-off, virtually all of the opening weekend’s biggest games feature SEC teams. Whether it’s Vanderbilt-South Carolina, Tennessee-NC State, Clemson-Auburn or Alabama-Michigan, as always, the SEC will be prominently featured in the Week 1 slate of games.
To listen to the podcast on this website, click the green box below
To download the podcast straight from iTunes, please click here
To subscribe to the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast, please click here
To listen to the podcast on your iPhone or Android please click here
And one man who knows this conference better than most is Chadd Scott, columnist at ChuckOliver.net. Chadd stopped by the podcast earlier this week to talk all issues related to the SEC, and we started in an unlikely place, discussing:
- Chadd’s engagement, and how traveling with his fiancée has actually changed his perspective on college football. Also, why after seeing so many different venues, Chadd doesn’t believe the discrepancy between “haves” and “have not’s” is nearly as wide as most make it out to be.
- Starting discussion in the SEC, why is everyone so high on Florida? Yes the defense will be stacked, but will the offense score enough points to keep them competitive, let alone win games? Also, why early swing games against Texas A&M and Tennessee will determine the fate of the Gators season.
- Speaking of Tennessee, why Chadd believes that there are a lot of parallels between both the Vols and Gators current states. Can Derek Dooley win enough games to get himself off the hot-seat, and really, should he even be on the hot-seat to begin with?
- Moving to the favorites in the SEC East, why there’s reason to like both Georgia and South Carolina. Also, why Chadd favors the Gamecocks to take the division, and why he thinks Georgia might get upset by a surprise team early.
- Heading out West, is there reason to believe in John L. Smith at Arkansas? I’m adamant that the answer is no, but Chadd disagrees. He explains why their record will look strikingly parallel to the one that Arkansas would’ve had with Bobby Petrino as head coach.
- Chadd answers the question that everyone wants to know: Alabama or LSU, who has the edge? Also why Chadd simply can’t buy the theory that the Tigers will not miss Tyrann Mathieu in their defensive backfield.
- Finally, Chadd makes his Week 1 picks.
Folks, if you’re looking for one of the clear, distinct voices in college football, Chadd Scott of ChuckOliver.net has it. Few know this conference as well as he does, and there’s no better way to get ready for Week 1 of the college football season than by listening to what he has to say on all things SEC.
Speaking of the interview, you can access it in any number of ways. If you can’t listen to the show live here, you can always download it straight from iTunes, just by searching for the “Aaron Torres Sports Podcast.” You can also subscribe to the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast by clicking here.
And finally (and maybe most importantly to some of you!), please remember that Exclusiv Vodka is now an official sponsor of the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast. And as a thank you for listening, they want to give you a free bottle of their product.
To be entered all you’ve got to do is go to Exclusiv’s Facebook page at Facebook.com/ExclusivVodka. From there, be sure to “Like” their product, and then tag yourself with Exclusiv and the phrase “Aaron Torres Sports Podcast.” Do that, and you’ll be automatically entered to win a free bottle.
Regardless, I want to quickly thank Chadd again for joining the show, and thank you for taking the time to listen.
Until next time…