Despite the calendar only saying Wednesday, it's already been an incredibly whirlwind week, especially in Columbus, OH. By now you know the facts, as on Monday head football coach Jim Tressel resigned, amidst an impending Sports Illustrated report, as well as further investigation into quarterback Terrelle Pryor.
(To listen to the podcast either click the green box below, or to download straight from iTunes for later listening, click here)
Adam was on the podcast a few weeks ago to talk all things Big Ten, when a lively debate on the future of Jim Tressel broke out. Well with Tressel's resignation, Adam was nice enough to return and break everything downfrom all angles. Amongst the topics he and I discussed, included:
- Why, like my article from Monday, Adam felt as though the resignation was inevitable, yet still surprising.
- Why Adam believed that the Sports Illustrated report by George Dohrmann was way more damning than people realize, and why, if the facts in Dohrmann's reporting hold up, we could be looking at of vacated wins by Ohio State
- Is there any way to stop free benefits from being handed out, and taken? Is it honestly all that bad?
- Why Adam and Aaron disagree on what should be allowed under NCAA rules regarding free benefits
- Why Aaron and Adam agree that profiting off a player's likeness is bogus, and how one simple change could save the NCAA a lot of headaches.
- What kind of coaching candidates will Ohio State be able to get going forward, and why Urban Meyer isn't the answer. Also, Aaron mentions how Meyer's career arc could resemble that of Jon Gruden.
- Is this the last we've seen of Terrelle Pryor in an Ohio State uniform?
Plus much, much more.
Enjoy, and until next time...
Also for updates on all his articles, podcasts and giveaways, be sure to follow Aaron on Twitter @Aaron_Torres, Facebook.com/AaronTorresSports or by downloading the Aaron Torres Sports App for FREE for your iPhone or Android phones!)