Over the course of the college football season, no guest appeared more regularly on the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast than ESPN TideNation.com’s Alex Scarborough. And with Signing Day just around the corner, Alex made a return appearance on the show earlier this week to discuss all the major recruiting story lines in Tuscaloosa heading into the big day.
To listen to the podcast on this website, click the green box above
To download the podcast straight from iTunes, please click here
To subscribe to the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast, please click here
To listen to the podcast on your iPhone or Android please click here
As regular listeners know, nobody knows the Crimson Tide program quite like Alex does, and in this jam-packed 50-minute conversation, we discussed it all. Topics included:
- What goes into Nick Saban’s recruiting philosophy? Sure the school signs a lot of top players, but a lot more goes into evaluation than just strictly talent. Alex explains what the Crimson Tide look for in a potential prospect, including measurables and mental make-up.
- How much longer can Nick Saban keep recruiting at this pace? We know Saban loves the X’s and O’s, but how much does he really enjoy recruiting? Also, how much do his assistants take during the recruiting process?
- Who are some of the committed players in Alabama’s class who can step in and make a difference right away? Alex likes tight end/H-Back O.J. Howard, but also wonders whether star running back Derrick Henry will end up on the defensive side of the ball.
- Alex breaks down the remaining top targets, including defensive linemen Dee Liner and Montravious Adams, as well as linebacker Rueben Foster.
- Finally, Alex gives the listener a couple of other story lines to watch out for heading into Signing Day.
To access the show, you can always download it straight from iTunes by clicking here or by searching for the “Aaron Torres Sports Podcast.” You can also subscribe to the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast by clicking here.
And finally, for those of you who don't already know, I have released an eBook! It's called "Aaron Torres Presents the Year in Sports 2012," and it is a compilations of my best articles and columns from the 2012 year. You can pick up your copy at Amazon.com or by clicking here, and it makes a great gift for the sports fan in your life!
Finally I want to thank Alex for his time, and encourage you to follow him on Twitter @AlexS_ESPN. And of course, I want to thank you for taking the time to listen to the show.
Until next time…