Given all the Peyton Manning-Tim Tebow drama of the last week, it’s easy to forget that we are still in the midst of the greatest event in sports, the NCAA Tournament. And after last weekend’s exciting games, it’s time to again tip off, with Sweet 16 games beginning Thursday night.
Luckily on this episode of the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast, Michael Rogner from RunTheFloor.com was nice enough to join me to break down all the games.
To listen to the podcast on this website, click the green box below
To download the podcast straight from iTunes, please click here
To listen to the podcast on your iPhone or Android please click here
To subscribe to the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast, please click here
We spoke about all four regions, discussing the following topics:
- A border battle in the East, between Cincinnati and Ohio State. Some people say this reminds them of last year’s Ohio State-Kentucky game, but is that really fair? Is it fair to say that Thad Matta “needs” to win this game after some previous tournament failings?
- Staying in the East, has Syracuse finally gotten over the Fab Melo-drama of the last few weeks? Also, how will Wisconsin attack Syracuse’s 2-3 zone.
- Moving out West, is Draymond Green finally getting the respect he deserves at Michigan State? What about Florida-Marquette? Is that the best game on the schedule?
- In the Midwest, Michael and I have a lengthy discussion on Kansas. They might not be a better “team” than last year, but they showed a lot of heart in their win. Will Bill Self get through to his second Final Four? Can they beat NC State? Can North Carolina hang with them if Kendall Marshall can’t play?
- Finally, we head to the South, where Kentucky is the overwhelming favorite. Is there any reason to believe the Big Blue Caravan won’t continue on to New Orleans?
Folks, it’s hard to believe, but college basketball will be back on our dockets tonight, and Michael Rogner is here to break down everything you need to know. From upset picks, to which favorites will advance, Michael has it all covered.
Remember, you can access this podcast a number of ways. Obviously you can listen here by clicking the green box above, or go straight to iTunes to download for later listening. You can also subscribe to the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast, for updates every time a new episode goes up.
And finally, as was mentioned at the beginning of the show, Exclusiv Vodka is now an official sponsor of the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast. And as a thank you for listening, they want to give you a free bottle of their product.
To be entered all you’ve got to do is go to Exclusiv’s Facebook page at Facebook.com/ExclusivVodka. From there, be sure to “Like” their product, and then tag yourself with Exclusiv and the phrase “Aaron Torres Sports Podcast.” Do that, and you’ll be automatically entered to win a free bottle.
Anyway, I want to thank Kevin for joining the show, and thank you all for listening.
Until next time…no comments