It’s hard to argue that USC’s win over Notre Dame last Saturday was not only the best win of Lane Kiffin’s career in Los Angeles, but also that of Matt Barkley as well. But with Andrew Luck and Stanford coming into town this weekend, can the Trojans keep it up?
I asked that, and many more questions to ESPN Los Angeles USC writer Pedro Moura, who joined the podcast on late Monday. Pedro has covered the Trojans for four years, and had a press box seat for USC’s win in South Bend Saturday. Nobody knows this team better, and Pedro dropped knowledge you can’t find anywhere else.
To listen to the podcast on this website, click the green box below
To listen to the podcast on your iPhone or Android please click here
To download the podcast straight from iTunes, please click here
To subscribe to the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast, please click here
Amongst the topics he and I discussed on the podcast included:
- How the night atmosphere at Notre Dame Stadium impacted the crowd noise, and why it may have been to USC’s advantage more so than their detriment;
- How Dayne Crist’s fumble on the goal line completely swung the game for the Trojans, and may have re-invented their season;
- Why the win at Notre Dame was not only the best of Lane Kiffin’s time in Troy, but also the most mistake free performance that Matt Barkley has had as well;
- What- if anything- the Trojans did differently on Saturday against the Irish that they haven’t done in past games;
- Moving onto Saturday’s game against Stanford, why the Trojans need to actually focus on stopping the running game first, before they try and slow down Andrew Luck;